Saturday, April 17, 2010

Take Two

A while back I had met this guy on match and we had made plans to go out for a couple of drinks. He called me the night before and bailed on our date, saying he had been working late days all week and was really tired and didn't think he was up to it. I was kind of pissed off for all of about five seconds and then thought to myself, whatever. So the night of our planned date I went out and bought myself some clothes (because that's what I do) and let it go. I get home to find like three messages from him- he had gotten out of work early and wanted to go out. He called my cell phone twice and my home phone once and left me an email. His email was to the tune of "What the fuck, I left three messages?". So I responded with, "Dude, we had plans, you cancelled, I made new plans. End of story." And I left it at that.

Over the past few months I have received random emails from this guy from time to time. A picture. A comment. Even a poem once. I never really responded to any of them, but it was kind of nice knowing someone was thinking of me. Then after my boring letdown date with McArty I emailed him back with a "hey, let's get together sometime."

He called me last night and we talked for 45 minutes. It was actually a pretty good conversation. I was pretty funny, if I do say so myself. And it was comfortable, natural. So we have plans to do something tonight.

Here's to second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment