Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day Three: Something You Have to Forgive Yourself For

I am a perfectionist. In fact, I will admit to having OCD when it comes to a lot of things in my life. When I screw something up or the end results are not what I want them to be, I dwell on it forever. I berate myself for being an idiot, who can't ever do things right. When I have a bad day at work, I feel like an incompetent fool who can't do her job to save her life. When my house isn't spotless, I feel like a slob who can't get it together. If someone comes over to my house and I don't have appetizers and beverages to offer, I feel like a failure. If my outfit isn't just right, I feel ugly and inadequate. The list goes on and on.

I need to forgive myself for not being perfect. I need to stop trying so damn hard to be perfect. I need to accept my flaws and realize that my friends are much more understanding and not as judgmental as I imagine them to be. Because they are (understanding) and they're not judgmental. It is me, it is my own messed up head that dwells on the negative. Somebody get me out of my head, would ya?

So, self, I am sorry, you are not perfect. Apology accepted?

No comments:

Post a Comment