Friday, October 15, 2010

Day Two: Something I Love About Myself

I can say this with my head held high..... I love that I am FIERCELY independent. I have been on my own my whole life. I don't mean without friends or family, I have those and love and cherish them dearly, yes. What I mean is I have always been an "I" and never a "We".

Sure, it gets lonely. It is hard when you go out to eat with all your couple friends and you are the only one not splitting the bill with someone- for some reason this is when I always really notice that I am single. It sucks when you are trying to set up a Christmas tree all by yourself (seriously, try that sometime, not a one person job). It is hard to move furniture up and down the stairs by yourself. It is annoying when you are the one who has to clean, cook and mow the lawn on your weekends.

BUT..... I love that I don't have to check in with someone when I make a decision. Sure, not all my decisions are wise or healthy, but I have nobody to blame but myself. I made the choice. If I decide at 10:00 p.m. on a Friday night that I want to drive to Vermont for the weekend, I can do it. I don't have to worry about what someone has to do or what they want to do. This is a good feeling.

I love that I moved to Oregon by myself and found a home and a job all by myself. And when the time came, I packed my car and drove back East all by myself.

I love that I am successful in my career and that I own my home and nobody else contributed to these things. I did it on my own.

This girl takes care of herself- because who else will?

No comments:

Post a Comment